Main Automation Contractor (MAC) Projects
Integhrais uniquely qualified to serve as a Main Automation Contractor (MAC), pulling from our deep automation experience. Integhra meets the core objectives for MACs — managing instrument and control project cost and schedule risks that have historically plagued large-scale capital projects engineered by multiple EPC's.
Our MAC approach focuses on providing engineering design, procurement, programming, integration and commissioning services on all the major controls hardware and software vendors to help you identify the best available, proven technologies in the marketplace.
Integhra Main Automation Contractor (MAC) Advantages:
- Involvement in each automation area will contribute to consistency and higher quality of procedures and specification documentation
- Will contribute to higher quality integrated systems from the field instrument to the board room
- Early engagement of MAC prior to vendor selection sets basic system design
- Multi-system experience that enhances sub-system integration
- Administration and hosting for multiple EPC's
- Expertise in managing multiple complex interfaces between EPCs, owners and third parties
- Larger scope of supply capability versus technology vendor or EPC instrument department
- Early involvement during front end engineering design phase reduces project cost via reduced change orders, lower contingency, and shortened development time. Estimated project cost reduction is in the range of 10-15%
- Will improve overall automation schedule due to early involvement in front end engineering design package development. Typically, a user can save more than five months in project schedule due to MAC early selection and basic design availability. This concept would take the automation system out of the critical path during detail design and construction phases.
With the MAC concept, an early involvement in the project design can positively influence project cost, while late involvement in a project could result in additional cost expenditures due to change orders and contingencies.
The MAC concept is an industry trend and widely used by major oil and gas users as a strategic project execution tool. MAC can cut process automation project costs, improve the overall schedule, improve total integration quality, and reduce risks.